1/1 Photo of Honey Almond Thumbprint Cookies
These healthy cookies are delicious! I adapted this recipe from the Almond Honey-Butter Recipe from Eating Well Magazine. I made a few changes and made these allergy-friendly and gluten-free!
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350Ëš F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Process whole almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to bowl and add flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- 3Combine the ground flax seed with the water in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Mix well and let sit until a thick gel forms. This creates a binder to replace eggs.
- 4Using an electric hand mixer, add honey, oil, and vanilla to the chia/water gel and mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5Roll Tablespoons of dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Press the tip of your finger into the center of each cookie to make an indentation. Bake the cookies until set and slightly golden on the bottom, 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- 6Combine 2 Tablespoons honey and 1 Tablespoon almond butter and mix well. Fill each cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon and top with almonds if desired. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g