Recipe by Sharon123
A yummy Middle Eastern recipe from Good Deal with Dave Lieberman! A great healthy snack.
Top Review by bindifry
one of my current faves! i made these exactly as written & then i made them with 3/4 dried strawberries & 1/4 dates, sorghum instead of honey, no coconut & almonds on the inside instead of rolled. excellent!
- 226.79 g raw almonds
- 946.38 ml pitted dates (Medjool is really good)
- 59.14 ml honey
- vegetable oil, for forming balls
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Move chopped almonds to a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until fragrant and just a shade darker.
- Coarsely chop dates and add to food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and dates form a ball. Remove from processor to a bowl.
- Add half of the ground almonds to the dates, leaving the reserved almonds on the baking pan to roll the balls in once formed.
- Add the honey to the date and almond mixture. Mix together until evenly mixed and smooth.
- Coat your hands with some vegetable oil so mixture does not stick too much.
- Form mixture into 1-1/2" balls. Roll each ball in ground almonds to coat well. Place in a sealed container until ready to eat.
- Any leftover chopped nuts for coating can be sprinkled over the balls to keep them from sticking together when moving.
- Will keep for up to 5 days at room temperature or up to a week in refrigerator.