1/1 Photo of Honey Almond Briouats
A Moroccan delight! Delicious with hot sweetened cardamom infused coffee after dinner or as a snack with a cold glass of milk mixed with a splash of orange flower water. They look impressive enough to pretend they were a lot of work ; )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix together the marzipan, chopped almonds, almond extract and 1 tablespoon of the flower water.
- 2Stack the phyllo sheets on a cutting board and cut into strips of about 11 cm/ 4 1/2 in wide and 30cm/ 12 in long. Wrap the strips in a moistened kitchen towel and cover with cling wrap to keep from drying out.
- 3Place one strip of phyllo on your work surface and brush with melted butter. Fold the strip in half lengthwise (making it about 5,5cm / 2 1/4 in wide) and brush with butter again.
- 4Place a tablespoon of the almond filling on one end of the strip and fold over making a triangle. Continue folding the triangle enclosing your filling until you reach the end of the strip.
- 5Roll up all your strips this way and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with melted butter.
- 6Preheat your oven to 180ºC / 350ºF. Bake them on the middle shelf for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- 7While the briouats are baking put the honey and the 3 remaining tablespoons of flower water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil right before the briouats come out of the oven. Reduce the heat of the pan and plunge the briouats - 2 at a time - into the hot honey mixture. Leave in for 10 seconds remove with slotted spoon onto wax paper.
- 8Leave to cool (this is the hardest part!) and eat the same day (this is the easiest part !).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Almond Briouats
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.0
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 413.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange flower water