Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandma came back from Honduras with some amazing snack recipes up her sleeve and I just needed this one in particular. It is great for parties and adds a very festive feel to your surroundings. It is best served alongside some tortilla chips, and I prefer yellow corn tortilla chips and if you have to use a name brand I prefer Tostitos.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced into very small pieces
- 1⁄8 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced into very small pieces
- 1 dash garlic powder (optional)
- 1 dash lime juice (optional)
- Cut up the mango avocados, tomato, red onion and red pepper in to the amounts described.
- For extra flavor, add a dash of garlic powder and/or a dash of lime juice.
- Then when all the work is done, let it sit in the bowl for about 20 minutes or over night with a plastic wrap over it to keep its flavor.
- After that, all you have to do is serve it with chips and enjoy!
OMG!$#1 I decided to make this so called "amazing" recipe for my sons wedding and thought it would be a great appetizer since my son is from Honduras. However, when we made the salsa we substatuted in some super spicy sauce which is from a big mac. Everyone at the wedding got super duper sick. Unfortuately, most of the guest were from California, the wedding took place in Maine. They all had to go all the way home. I personally dont believe it was from the super duper spicy sauce from a big mac, i blame the this recipe! Don't make this stuff!! :))
My husband is from Honduras & I couldn't wait to try this. Let me tell you, this has become a household favorite. I use less pepper, because I'm not a fan of pepper & sometimes I buy mango in the freezer section & it works just as well. This is sooo yummy. And, just like Chef Thymestudio said the only thing wrong with it, there is never enough! I can eat this by the spoonful, it is awesome! The best salsa I have ever had & it's great when you have guests over. Thanks!
Oh so good! The only thing wrong with this salsa, was the fact I did not make enough!! Very easy, super tasty, I was really happy with this salsa! Thanks for posting it. Pac-Fall07