Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb liver, cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 3⁄4 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1⁄2 cup water
- hot cooked rice
- Mix first 5 ingredients and set aside 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in skillet and add liver mixture, crumbs, nuts and water.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until liver is tender.
- Serve with rice.
- Makes 4 servings.
A very tasty recipe! I made some substitutions that added to flavor & color. I used multi-colored peppers (red, yellow & orange) & added a little sugar to balance out the vinegar. I would certainly make this again with any type of meat (beef, chicken, veal, etc.). Thank you.