Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
Shrimp as hot as my wife!
Make and share this Honduran Hotty Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Put the water, tomatoes, 1/2 of an onion, and garlic into a large pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the tomatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat and let sit to cool for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and add the chipotle, tomato paste and salt and blend.
- Slice the remaining red onions.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute the remaining onions and until golden brown.
- Stir in the shrimp and garlic salt and cook for 2-3 minutes, the shrimp should just turn pink.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice, if desired.