Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like south indian spices you will probably love that, although created by a German ;-)
- 500 g chicken (cut into cubes)
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon galangal
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 8 cloves
- 4 star anise
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 2 peaches (fresh or canned) or 2 mangoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 green onions (white parts)
- 2 lemongrass
- 2 inches ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 250 ml fruit juice (peach or other exotic fruit)
- 1 small red chile
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Roast coriander, cardamom, cumin, pepper, cloves, star anis and ground afterwards.
- Mince peaches or mangos.
- Cut bell pepper and green onions into sticks of 2 inch length.
- Grate ginger.
- Mince red chilli incl. seeds.
- Crush lemon gras
- Fry bell pepper and green onions in oil for two minutes set aside.
- Fry chicken cubes until brown.
- Add all ingredients except bell pepper and green onions and simmer until chicken is almost done.
- Add bell pepper and green onions for another minute.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and lemon gras.
- Enjoy with rice.
I like this recipe. It tastes of India