Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different salad, not the same old pasta salad you see at all the summer picnics.The olives can be added along with the relish, you can use black or green olives. Experiment with different cheeses.
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish (or sliced green olives)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Rinse hominy and drain well.
- Chop green pepper, onion and celery.
- Toss hominy and veggies together.
- Stir in pickle relish, celery seed, salt cheese and mayonnaise.
- Chill and serve cold.
I love cheese and right now without the cheese this is a nice salad! I'm not going to add the cheese until I get ready to serve this tonight. I wanted a little more color so I added a red pepper. I used the sweet relish but want to try the olives next time. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game