Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Hadn't had sloppy joes in a while. Tried this mix of ingredients. So good....... Note can cook longer if desired.(I did).
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (more if desired)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion & peppers over medium high heat until beef is browned & veggies are very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30-40 minutes on low uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on hamburer buns.