Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and easy to make, yet a crowd pleaser. I usually make this for picnics or as finger foods when we are cooking out. Make any changes as necessary to suit your tastes.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (more or less to suit your tastes)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon relish
- pepper (optional)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread (or whichever type you prefer)
- sliced ripened tomatoes
- Drain tuna fish and put in mixing bowl.
- Add in celery, onion, mayo, mustard, relish and pepper.
- Spread tuna salad on bread (tastes great toasted as well).
- Top with tomato slices and lettuce.
Good, simple tuna sandwich. I made mine w/o celery and onion and tomato b/c I was out. Chose not to use the pepper as well. Still good, but I would make it with the extras if I had them. Good to know they are not necessities though. Thanks Miss Tinkerbell!
The taste is very good, refreshing and has a tiny crunch with the finely chopped onion and celery in there. Next time I think I will add another can of tuna, as it seemed I had a little more celery and onion than tuna. I think this could have been because of the medium to large size of the onion and celery ribs I used. I also used about 3-4 tablespoons more of mayonaise. This recipe is an improvement from the one I had, so I'll be making this again. We also add cheese to our tuna sandwiches. I encourage people to give this one a try, its pretty good. Thanks!
Total hit! I even impressed our company's chef with this one!