Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple and "saucey" way to turn frozen spinach into a savory, crumb topped casserole. Recipe compliments of Hidden Valley. Prep time includes 30 minutes chilling time which can be done ahead of time.
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch salad dressing, and seasoning mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and well-drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crushed crouton, for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl combine Ranch mix with milk and mayonnaise and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine dressing with spinach, mushrooms, and cheese in a 9-inch baking dish.
- Top with croutons and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
i used fresh mushrooms and fresh spinach which i sauteed and drained. this was very very salty, despite the fact that i only used half the packet of hidden valley ranch dressing. i topped it off with fresh toasted breadcrumbs, but the saltiness was really too much for us, sorry.