Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spaghetti Sauce using Homemade Gourmet's Homestyle Spaghetti Sauce Mix
- 5 tablespoons homemade gourmet homestyle spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- In a pot, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- If desired, a 1 pound cooked ground meat (hamburger, ground turkey or italian sausage- or a combination), and heat through- about 5 minutes.
I've had this mix in my pantry for some time, and finally made sauce for dinner one night. It was even better than I thought it would be - I can't believe I waited so long, and that I have been buying jarred sauce. It is so good!! Thank you so much for posting these recipes!!! If you haven't tried homemade gourmet mixes, you are missing out! They're great!
I'm not sure why anyone would give this one star. I have been using this spaghetti sauce for several years, and it's the only sauce I'll use. I especailly like it in lasagna and other recipes. If you aren't a Homemade Gourmet user then I'm sure you can find another good recipe here. But a lot of us keep theses ingredients in our pantry, and it's nice to be able to find these recipes online. Thanks Carla!