Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe sounds great! What's not to love :)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1360.77-1814.36 g beef roast
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 stalk celery, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml dried thyme leaves
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cracked black peppercorns
- 59.14 ml flour
- 283.49 g can condensed beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 44.37 ml steak sauce
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Pat roast dry with paper towel and brown in skillet on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and celery and cook, stirring until softened. Add garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, stirring for one minute. Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 more minute. Add beef broth and bay leaf and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Pour mixture over roast. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours, until meat is tender. Stir green peppers and steak sauce into gravy. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes until peppers are soft. To serve, discard bay leaf, place roast on platter and spoon sauce over.
This was ok! Not my favorite! Didn't blow me away or anything. Easy though. Followed directions to the T. Except less onion and added carrots to the crockpot.
I just put all indredients in my crockpot and boy does it smell good! :-) So far this is so easy, can't wait to taste it, I think I'll make mashed potatos to go with it to help soak up some gravy, m-m-m. I'll have to let you know how it comes out.
Delicious! I made this as directed and we absolutely loved it. The roast was falling apart tender and the gravy was super. Thanks Shannon for a new family favorite. Made for Photo Tag.