Recipe by MizzNezz
This is absolutely the best macaroni salad. It has a touch of hot pepper, and a delicious dressing.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Inez, this was so yummy. I followed the recipe exactly and thought it was very well seasoned. I liked the little bit of heat from the jalapeno and cayenne. Just right for us. This was very easy to make which you know is important to me. I made this for our family picnic. Just put it in an ice chest and off to the park. Thanks dear, you recipes are loved by us.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper