This soup is really good and easy. If you have more time, you can use fresh vegetables instead of canned, but I like it either way. My family loves this on a cold winter's day. I believe this recipe is from Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced potatoes, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) candiced carrots, drained
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, cut into bite-size pieces (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve at once.