- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen green beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices bacon, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate bacon and brown in the bottom of a large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, and butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion just starts to turn translucent.
- Add green beans.
- Add chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer at least 45-60 minutes until tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and Tabasco if desired.