- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a Dutch oven; add water and salt. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain; keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in sugar and next 4 ingredients. Add tomato, and cook, stirring gently until thoroughly heated. pour tomato mixture over beans, and toss gently. Serve hot.