Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found online and posted b/c it sounds so good that I want to be sure I can find it!!! Prep times does not include overnight in the frig.
- 4 slices bread, crust trimmed
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- Across bottom of lightly greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, arrange bread slices, slightly overlapping. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, bacon, 2 tablespoons each of Swiss and Cheddar cheeses, mushrooms and salt, if desired.
- Pour mixture over bread slices.
- Sprinkle potatoes and remaining cheeses over egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350ºF oven until lightly browned and knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes.