This is one of those soups that warms the body and the soul. Served with fresh bread, it doesn't get much better than this.
- In a blender, process half of the broccoli until fairly smooth.
- Chop remaining broccoli and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter. Saute onion and celery for 3 - 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add flour, stirring for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Crumble bouillon cubes in 3 cups of boiling water.
- Blend into onion mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until thick. Stirring constantly.
- Add milk, pepper, nutmeg and broccoli.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese.