1/4 Photos of Homestyle Cream of Broccoli Soup
Diana #2's Note:
This is one of those soups that warms the body and the soul. Served with fresh bread, it doesn't get much better than this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender, process half of the broccoli until fairly smooth.
- 2Chop remaining broccoli and set aside.
- 3In a large pot, melt butter. Saute onion and celery for 3 - 4 minutes or until soft.
- 4Add flour, stirring for 1 - 2 minutes.
- 5Crumble bouillon cubes in 3 cups of boiling water.
- 6Blend into onion mixture and bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat to medium and simmer until thick. Stirring constantly.
- 8Add milk, pepper, nutmeg and broccoli.
- 9Heat thoroughly.
- 10Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homestyle Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 1183.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.0 g