Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Gooseberry Patch Gifts for Giving.
Top Review by Carol G.
Made exactly as directed. I thought it was way too salty to eat more than one bowl of it. I took out all the chicken, rinsed off the broth & gave it to the cat. I'm giving the recipe 4 stars due to ease of preparation and if your one that likes salty food I guess this would be pretty good.
- 78.07 ml chicken bouillon granule
- 59.14 ml dried onion flakes
- 118.29 ml shell macaroni, uncooked
- 158.51 ml pearl barley, uncooked
- 118.29 ml spinach pasta, uncooked and broken into small pieces
- 78.07 ml long-cooking long grain rice, uncooked
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- In a one-quart wide-mouth jar, layer the bouillon, onion, macaroni, barley, spinach pasta, and rice.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small plastic bag and place on top of the layers.
- Seal jar and attach instructions.
- Instructions: pour all contents into a large pot filled with 12 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add in 2 cups cooked cubed chicken; simmer 15 minutes.