Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Very tasty and tender--even better the next day. I like to serve this over noodles.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced in large pieces
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce (i use home made)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In pan place brisket fat side up.
- Surround with carrots and sliced onion.
- Top with onion soup mixture,tomato sauce, cranberry sauce.
- Cover with heavy duty foil and cook 5 hours.
- Slice against the grain, serve with pan gravy.
Had this for company dinner--it was a smash hit...not a scrap of leftovers! Made exactly as written-meat was juicy and tender..served with egg noodles and green beans..definitely a keeper!! Thank You for a wonderful meal !!TERESA
Another 5-star review, chia! The meat was soooooo tender. Made my own cranberry sauce and ate what remained as my morning b'fast with toast. Didn't change a thing. Will use this recipe again. Thnx for posting, chia.
This was wonderful! Everyone loved it. The only change I made was that after the brisket was done, I reduced the gravy a little to concentrate the flavor. Definitely will make this again!