Recipe by Kyle W.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. An easy to prepare breakfast casserole with all your favorite ingredients and the perfect amount of spice baked right in.
- 12 eggs
- 1 lb sausage (I use smoked sausage)
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 4 ounces diced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (I use cheddar)
- 1 (4 ounce) can croissants
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a little olive oil in a skillet and fry the sausage. Once your sausage is browned, add the hash browns and onions right in with it. Mix the sausage and potatoes together and let them start to brown once again.
- In the meantime, put some olive oil in the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan. Unroll the croissants in the pan and push them out to ensure they cover the bottom of the pan. Put the pan in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, just enough for the dough to start to brown.
- Once you pull the croissants out of the oven you can spread your sausage and potato mixture on top of it and add some salt and pepper.
- Beat all 12 eggs together in a mixing bowl and pour over the top of the mix in the baking pan.
- Put your casserole in the oven. It should taken roughly 1 hour to cook. Check occasionally by poking a knife in the center to see if the eggs have cooked. Once the eggs have cooked through, remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese on top. Place in back in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Then remove your breakfast bake from the oven and enjoy!