Recipe by carolgreen
Heart healthy recipe
Top Review by GingerSnap
These biscuits were amazing! I tweaked the recipe a little bit though and made them as fattening as possible. I substituted 1/2 a stick of melted butter for the oil and used 2% milk mixed with half and half and a splash of white vinegar for the buttermilk (didnt have buttermilk). I suggest decreasing the sugar to 1Tbl however if you are pairing these with sausage gravy because the sweetness of the biscuit kinda cuts through the gravy and makes it taste a little off. very delicious :)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- 10 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk and oil. Pour over flour mixture; stir until well mixed.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts.
- Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.