Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Update your homestyle biscuits with this easy low-fat recipe.
Make and share this Homestyle Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In small bowl, stir together buttermilk and all of the oil. Pour over flour mixture and stir until well mixed.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts. Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
I don't know what it is about biscuits, but I can only seem to make drop biscuits. So when I read the reviews from people saying it was the first time they ever made biscuits and how great they turned out, I thought that maybe this was the recipe for me. Unfortunately, my biscuit making track record remains unchanged. They ended up being dog biscuits :0( but he loved them!!
First time making biscuits, and they were a big hit with the pickiest kids ever! Thank you for sharing a wonderful recipe
First time I've EVER made biscuits because I always thought it was really hard. This was EASY and my toddler even helped. We used heart, star and flower cutters to give them fun shapes. A little salty but I used Kosher salt so maybe that was it. I probably rolled/slapped them too thin but otherwise I think we did the recipe justice ;). Thanks!