Recipe by Chef Sunshine
Update your homestyle biscuits with this easy low-fat recipe.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I don't know what it is about biscuits, but I can only seem to make drop biscuits. So when I read the reviews from people saying it was the first time they ever made biscuits and how great they turned out, I thought that maybe this was the recipe for me. Unfortunately, my biscuit making track record remains unchanged. They ended up being dog biscuits :0( but he loved them!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- 3 1⁄3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In small bowl, stir together buttermilk and all of the oil. Pour over flour mixture and stir until well mixed.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts. Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.