Chef Sunshine's Note:
Update your homestyle biscuits with this easy low-fat recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- 3In small bowl, stir together buttermilk and all of the oil. Pour over flour mixture and stir until well mixed.
- 4On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts. Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homestyle Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.5
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 119.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g