This is a real fast and easy way to make great stroganoff, the meat is very tender and delicous!
Make and share this Homestyle Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- to taste salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of medium egg noodles (wide if desired)
- Sauté onion in olive oil until softened.
- Add steak to the skillet and simmer meat covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove 3/4 of the juice from steak.
- Add red wine, cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper and cover lid again.
- In separate pan sauté mushrooms in butter, add parsley and paprika.
- When done add sauteed mushrooms to the steak and bring to a boil.
- Add 4 tbls of sour cream to steak.
- Serve over medium or wide egg noodles.