Recipe by Lazarus
This is my mother's recipe, and a favorite of everyone who's ever tasted it. It takes a long time to cook, but very little prep. Start it in the morning, and you'll have a delicious meal waiting for you in the evening. Don't worry about using an expensive roast. The cheap tough ones turn out beautifully.
Top Review by mama smurf
Cut this down for DH and I and used a honey/garlic bbq sauce and add sliced onions and some garlic to the recipe and we really enjoyed this. I am glad I cut this down (makes a lot) but very tasty. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 2267.96 g round roast
- 425 ml bottle barbecue sauce (we prefer Bull's Eye original)
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 18 kaiser rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen roast in roasting pan.
- Heat, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 45 minutes (30 minutes for smaller roast).
- Remove roast from oven, and season with garlic and pepper.
- Cover, decrease heat to 275 degrees, and roast for approx 4 hours until fork tender.
- Pull apart roast with fork.
- Layer ingredients into slow cooker (1 layer beef, 1 layer au jus from roasting pan, 1 layer BBQ sauce). Repeat until all ingredients have been added.
- Heat on low until warmed through and bubbling (2-3 hours).
- Spoon onto sliced Kaiser rolls, and enjoy!