Cook7 hrs 45 mins
This is my mother's recipe, and a favorite of everyone who's ever tasted it. It takes a long time to cook, but very little prep. Start it in the morning, and you'll have a delicious meal waiting for you in the evening. Don't worry about using an expensive roast. The cheap tough ones turn out beautifully.
- Place frozen roast in roasting pan.
- Heat, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 45 minutes (30 minutes for smaller roast).
- Remove roast from oven, and season with garlic and pepper.
- Cover, decrease heat to 275 degrees, and roast for approx 4 hours until fork tender.
- Pull apart roast with fork.
- Layer ingredients into slow cooker (1 layer beef, 1 layer au jus from roasting pan, 1 layer BBQ sauce). Repeat until all ingredients have been added.
- Heat on low until warmed through and bubbling (2-3 hours).
- Spoon onto sliced Kaiser rolls, and enjoy!