1/1 Photo of Homestyle Alberta Beef on a Bun
8 hrs 15 mins
7 hrs 45 mins
This is my mother's recipe, and a favorite of everyone who's ever tasted it. It takes a long time to cook, but very little prep. Start it in the morning, and you'll have a delicious meal waiting for you in the evening. Don't worry about using an expensive roast. The cheap tough ones turn out beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place frozen roast in roasting pan.
- 2Heat, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 45 minutes (30 minutes for smaller roast).
- 3Remove roast from oven, and season with garlic and pepper.
- 4Cover, decrease heat to 275 degrees, and roast for approx 4 hours until fork tender.
- 5Pull apart roast with fork.
- 6Layer ingredients into slow cooker (1 layer beef, 1 layer au jus from roasting pan, 1 layer BBQ sauce). Repeat until all ingredients have been added.
- 7Heat on low until warmed through and bubbling (2-3 hours).
- 8Spoon onto sliced Kaiser rolls, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homestyle Alberta Beef on a Bun
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 117.1 mg
- Sodium 878.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 47.2 g