Recipe by mtmissy
This is a great homemade honey. I personally use different herbs so I can not only get the great tastes of them, but the wonderful properties they have. Change the herbs to your liking.
- 10 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon alum
- 3 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups red clover blossoms (a blood purifier)
- 1⁄3 cup dried chamomile (very calming and great for the stomach)
- 1⁄3 cup dried lavender (has many calming properties-too many to list)
- 1⁄3 cup dried red raspberry leaf (promotes womens health-especially during menses and childbirth)
- 2 tablespoons dried hibiscus flowers (can help high blood pressure and as an aphrodisiac)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water, sugar and alum together in a large pan and boil for ten minutes stirring constantly. Watch for any attempted boil overs.
- Take off the heat.
- Stir in your herbs and let steep for at least 3 hours.
- Strain through a cheese cloth, throwing away herbs when done.
- Reheat the honey to a boil and put in your jars.
- all the herbs listed above have several other health promoting properties, I have just listed a couple.