Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is straight from The Simpsons' "Homer the Heretic" episode where Homer makes his own breakfast while skipping church on Sunday. Mmmmmm.... fattening.
- Pour first 3 ingredients on waffle iron.
- Close iron.
- You may enjoy the"waffle runoff" that is squeezed out when you close the iron.
- When waffle is done, peel it off the waffle iron.
- Wrap waffle around full stick of butter.
- Insert toothpick to close waffle around butter and enjoy.
Perfect for Sundays you stay home from Church.
YES! I was always curious to try these since I was a little kid and remember when that episode came out! Classic Homer! (I'm with the other hardcore fans who believe the show became inferior after Season 12.) It gummed up the living crap out of my waffle iron but ha it was worth it. I'll post pics next time I make these. But I just couldn't wrap it around a stick of butter...that's just too much. Heh by themselves though they RULED!
I love a sense of humor!