From Allrecipes. This recipe is flexible for modifications as you prefer...some like less cumin, some add corn, some prefer oatmeal to bread crumbs. I used the food processor for the entire recipe, formed into patties and let refrigerate for an hour before baking, flipping burgers halfway through cooking time. The patties were very sticky and I had to dampen my hands in between for form them. I also added canned corn (not pulverized).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- 2In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- 3In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- 5Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- 6If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemeade Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 173.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.1 g