1/2 Photos of Homemade Yellow Cake Mix (Subtitute 18.25oz Betty Crocker Box)
The recipe is originally from chickensintheroad.com. I posted here for safe keeping and measuring nutritional value. Thank you chickensintheroad for coming up with such a versatile and convenient recipe that can be mixed in no time. Have you ever read the label on store-bought cake mixes? They’re packed with additives, preservatives, artificial coloring, oils, corn syrup, etc. Make up several batches of Homemade Yellow Cake Mix at a time, store in the pantry, and whip ‘em out any time for a quick, easy cake with none of that stuff!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and non-fat dry milk. Store in an airtight container or baggie. Keeps well in the pantry for months!
- 2To replace in recipes calling for a standard-size 18.25 ounce store-bought yellow cake mix: Use in any recipe calling for a yellow cake mix as a base (add 1 teaspoon vanilla to the recipe along with the cake mix as the recipe will assume vanilla was included in the store-bought mix).
- 3Or to make a basic yellow cake, use the following instructions.
- 41 recipe Homemade Yellow Cake Mix + 3/4 cup water + 1 teaspoons vanilla + 1/2 cup butter, softened + 3 eggs.
- 5Place Homemade Yellow Cake Mix in a bowl. Add water, vanilla, butter, and eggs. Combine with an electric mixer then beat two more minutes. Pour into a greased and floured cake pan. Bake at 350-degrees, using these baking times (watch carefully as your oven may vary–test for doneness using a toothpick):.
- 6Baking Time : 8″ or 9″ cake rounds — 20-25 minutes / 13 x 9 pan — 35-40 minutes / cupcakes — 12-15 minutes / tube/bundt pan — 45-50 minutes.
- 7NOTE: If you don’t like using dry milk in your cakes, you can always leave the dry milk out of the mix. When making the cake, replace the water in the recipe with milk.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Yellow Cake Mix (Subtitute 18.25oz Betty Crocker Box)
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g