1/6 Photos of Homemade Yellow Cake and Variations
1 hr 5 mins
I was in search of a great yellow cake made from scratch that would taste good if not better than the box. I use this one all the time for my catering business. It makes a thick cake. 6/3/08 Made some changes to make it better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, and pudding.
- 2Add eggs in one at a time.
- 3Add in sour cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- 4Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Add flour mixture into butter mixture alternately with milk starting and finishing with flour mixture.
- 6Pour into well greased and floured 13x9 pan.
- 7Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
- 8Variation for White Cake: Use 4 egg whites instead of the 3 whole eggs.
- 9Variation for Spice Cake: Add 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4+1/8 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/4+1/8 teaspoon ground cloves to the flour mixture.
- 10Variation for Chocolate Cake: Use chocolate pudding mix and 1/3 cup cocoa. (I then up the milk a little.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Yellow Cake and Variations
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.2 mg
- Sodium 401.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g