Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Margaret Anne's yeast rolls from family collection.
- 473.18 ml milk, lukewarm
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0 yeast
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml shortening (soft)
- 1774.42 ml sifted flour
- Mix together first 3 ingredients. Crumble into mixture 2 packages or 2 cakes yeast. Stir until yeast is dissolved.
- Stir in beaten eggs, shortening & sifted flour. Turn mixture onto floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl, cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
- Knead again and let rise again until double in bulk. Shape into rolls and let rise until almost double in bulk.
- Bake at 425 degrees until golden brown. Watch temperature, as may be too hot in some ovens.
This is simply a good outline of the right way to do it, much the same as I would do from practice and instinct. I made a 9x13 pan of rolls, and baked the remainder of the dough in cupcake-sized muffin cups. Both came out beautiful and flavorful. Made for PAC.