Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The Weekly" newspaper. This recipe is posted by request. I haven't tried it personally, but it does look good.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 -5 drops yellow food coloring
- Sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the egg with water and a few drops of yellow food colouring.
- Add to the flour.
- Mix it with a big metal spoon.
- Dust the working surface with flour.
- Knead the dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions.
- Roll out to the desired thinness and then cut them into 3 inch squares for wantons or use a three inch cookie cutter for Siu Mai.
- Wrap the skins and store in the freezer for several weeks.