Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This bread is most like the soft white bread that you buy at the store. If you like a softer crust, butter the top and put in a zip-loc bag.
- Whisk together the yeast, 1/4 cup warm water and sugar.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Add ingredients in the order suggested by your manufacturer, including the yeast mixture.
- Select the basic and light crust setting.
- A white bread recipe without a strong yeast flavor.
- Proofing the yeast first eliminates some of the yeast taste from the final product.
- Makes 2 lb loaf.
Hey thanks so much for this recipe...making it again for the 2nd time now...im trying 1cup of 2% milk in substitution for the dry milk as last time i found the dough was a wee bit dry and had to add a few tablespoons of water...we will see how it turns out.. a great recipe in which i will be using whenever i make sandwich bread!
I think you mean 1 and 1/4th cups of water, yes? I think you have a typo in the recipe? I have never seen sandwich bread recipie for the bread machine with that little amount of water. I see a lot of reviews about it being dry?
Very nice. I just tried this recipe today and my 82 year old mother loves it. In fact, she wanted a grilled cheese made with this bread and it turned out great. Most of the loaf was eaten with butter slathered on it. Thanks for sharing an easy and excellent recipe.