Recipe by Khandi Howard
This bread is most like the soft white bread that you buy at the store. If you like a softer crust, butter the top and put in a zip-loc bag.
Top Review by Owen_Ryder_Mama
Hey thanks so much for this recipe...making it again for the 2nd time now...im trying 1cup of 2% milk in substitution for the dry milk as last time i found the dough was a wee bit dry and had to add a few tablespoons of water...we will see how it turns out.. a great recipe in which i will be using whenever i make sandwich bread!
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the yeast, 1/4 cup warm water and sugar.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Add ingredients in the order suggested by your manufacturer, including the yeast mixture.
- Select the basic and light crust setting.
- A white bread recipe without a strong yeast flavor.
- Proofing the yeast first eliminates some of the yeast taste from the final product.
- Makes 2 lb loaf.