Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
The best waffle you will ever put in your mouth, or any others mouth for that matter!
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil (any kind, really, but olive oil leaves a distinct taste)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 dash cinnamon (tiny tiny dash ) or 1 dash nutmeg (tiny tiny dash )
- Whisk together dry ingredients; combine oil and eggs in a measuring cup, add to dry mixture. Pour buttermilk in and whisk till all clumps and lumps are gone. pour 1/2 Cup of batter onto a hot waffle iron (for a 7 inches round), or 1 1/2 cups or ballet on a square iron (8" by 8" makes 4" squares).
- We like to top with crushed frozen strawberries and home made whipped cream (we also use all natural maple syrup and butter!).
So Yummy! we topped our with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.