- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil (any kind, really, but olive oil leaves a distinct taste)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 dash cinnamon (tiny tiny dash ) or 1 dash nutmeg (tiny tiny dash )
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together dry ingredients; combine oil and eggs in a measuring cup, add to dry mixture. Pour buttermilk in and whisk till all clumps and lumps are gone. pour 1/2 Cup of batter onto a hot waffle iron (for a 7 inches round), or 1 1/2 cups or ballet on a square iron (8" by 8" makes 4" squares).
- We like to top with crushed frozen strawberries and home made whipped cream (we also use all natural maple syrup and butter!).