Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
The best, and I don't even like chocolate!!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached white sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined.
- Scoop cookies onto cookie sheet with a 1 ounce scoop, two inches apart. Bake for 13 minute Let cool on sheet for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.