Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very moist, and very flavorful. I was told the first bite isn't as good as the second one, and the taste just gets better with every bit! Part smash! Birthday celebration, or any other occasion which a cake would serve well.
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups kamut flour or 1 1⁄2 cups soft white wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter and flour to 8 inches or 9 inches round cake pans; set aside.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients, add liquids in order of apperance; mix well being sure to get rid of all clumps and bumps in the batter.
- Pour evenly into your prepared pans and bake till middle rises and cake tester (tooth pick, clean kitchen knife) come from the center clean, 30-40 minute Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from pans and putting on a cooling rack till totally cooled. Frost with desired frosting (store bought, home made, whatever you want).
- *Kamut is an ancient grain related to wheat, but not anything like it. Kamut is longer, and is a lighter color. You can use it for anything you want, it's just a matter of opinion.*.