1/4 Photos of Homemade White Bread, Non-Bread Machine
1 hr 30 mins
Delicious, basic bread recipe. Yummy! When I make this recipe, I bake one, and freeze the other two loaves, then use them later. To use later, I simply thaw in greased bread pan & let rise above & continue to follow same directions as posted. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, melted lard and warm water.
- 2Stir and let stand approximately 2-5 minutes, until bubbly.
- 3Add salt and flour; stir, then mix well.
- 4Let stand (covered with a towel) for 30-60 minutes.
- 5Punch down, then knead.
- 6Shape into three loaves.
- 7Place into greased loaf pans and let rise until rounded above pan.
- 8Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.
- 9Remove from pans and butter tops, if desired, for a softer crust.
- 10Note: Adjust flour as needed.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade White Bread, Non-Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 389.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g