Prep1 hr 30 mins
Delicious, basic bread recipe. Yummy! When I make this recipe, I bake one, and freeze the other two loaves, then use them later. To use later, I simply thaw in greased bread pan & let rise above & continue to follow same directions as posted. Enjoy!
- In large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, melted lard and warm water.
- Stir and let stand approximately 2-5 minutes, until bubbly.
- Add salt and flour; stir, then mix well.
- Let stand (covered with a towel) for 30-60 minutes.
- Punch down, then knead.
- Shape into three loaves.
- Place into greased loaf pans and let rise until rounded above pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans and butter tops, if desired, for a softer crust.
- Note: Adjust flour as needed.