- 2 cups water, 110 degrees
- 2 packages yeast
- 2⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 -7 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg bowl, mix water and yeast.
- Let stand until dissolved.
- Add milk, butter, sugar, salt, and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead on floured board until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turn to grease top.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled.
- Punch down; divide in half.
- Shape into 2 loaves, put in greased 8 inch loaf pans.
- Cover and rise until doubled.
- Bake at 375* for about 35 minutes, until golden brown.