Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
We really like this recipe. If you like milder sausage cut back on the cayenne and red pepper. If you want a fattier sausage add more pork and less venison. Hope you like this as much as we do.
- 7 lbs venison, course ground
- 3 lbs pork butt, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons marjoram
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- mix together all spices and vinegar.
- add to the ground meat.
- stuff in hog casings or freeze in bulk.
Awesome recipe. I added 1/2 cup of cold water/ pound of meat so the spices mix more evenly in the meat.
Our family are not fans of venison but you couldn't even tell that was what this was. It just tasted like sausage! I didn't even use the pork and scaled the recipe down to one pound. Wonderful recipe