Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
I'm submitting this in response to a request. I haven't tried it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, very hot
- 1⁄2 cup instant milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon instant milk
- 0.5 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cheddar cheese, shredded
- Line a 8x4x2 - 5" loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- In a blender, put 1/2 cup of the water, 3 tablespoons of the milk, 1/2 teaspoon of the gelatin. Whip until gelatin is dissolved.
- Quickly add 1/2 lb of the cheddar to the hot mixture.
- Whip until blended.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Repeat this twice, until all ingredients are used.
- Cover the pan with more plastic wrap and chill overnight before unmolding.
- Keep cold and slice as needed.
I have made this twice now, and it is fabulous! I love that I can control what I put in there, and I think it tastes way better than store bought. Thanks Connie, you made my week!!
This has a good texture, but I could really taste the powdered milk-a flavor I just don't care much for. But it is an easy recipe and useful for cheese sauces, and I really like knowing what's in those cheese sauces! Thanks~
Love this! Made it with sharp cheddar, monterrey jack and colby and it came out delicious. Next time, I will use the whole packet of gelatin, as we like a firmer cheese, but that is the only change I would make, and as that is based on personal preference only, this recipe is 5 stars!