Recipe by lolablitz
I modified a recipe in Redbook to come up with a good, easy veggie recipe and the flavors are fabulouso! Really good with homemade hamburger buns! The original recipe calls for harissa instead of red chili paste, but it's way too hard to find and the chili paste works great. I've also skipped the refrigeration part in a rush and they turned out fine (just a little trickier to form and flip).
- 1⁄2-1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 3 scallions, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini)
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, pulse red bell pepper, scallions, cilantro, garlic, coriander, cumin, red chili paste, and salt until vegetables are very finely chopped. Add beans; pulse until beans are coarsely mashed.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; add breadcrumbs and egg. Mix with your hands until well combined. Shape into 6 burgers. Place on a waxed-paper-lined plate and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet and warm over medium heat. Add burgers and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.