Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friend just made this for dinner the other night. When I found out it how easy it is to make, I was shocked. Trick the non-cooks in your life into thinking you slaved for them...
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced zucchini, in italian-style sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced potatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced carrots, drained
- Combine all ingredients in large pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- I use the tomatoes that come flavored with basil, oregano, and garlic.
- You can substitute whatever vegetables you like; if you don't want to use the zucchini, add a can of tomato sauce to give it some substance.
This was a good base soup. I followed the recipe except I didn't have canned zucchini, so used peas. I also used fresh shredded carrots and celery as they needed to be used up. I used diced tomatoes with oregano and basil but we thought the soup needed a lot more seasoning. I did add some salt and pepper but it still was missing something. This also reheated nicely for lunches. I also simmered mine a lot longer then the recipe called for. I simmered for about an hour. I too added hamburger so my family would be happy.
This was great, certainly a time saver not having to do all that chopping! I added cooked ground beef and cooked macaroni so that my husband would eat it. Thanks SmrJunior!