Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my own creation. I nust threw it together last night. I just starting putting stuff in, so if you want to substitute, add, or delete anything feel free. I added a bunch of stuff because I like finding uses for all my spices. So don't fell like you have to go to the store ad get anything, just put in what you have. *note* All the ingredient amounts are estimates. This can be made with vegetable stock to please vegetarians and vegans.
- 3 cups okra (i used frozen)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 -3 mediums potatoes (cubed)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 cups chicken broth or 4 -5 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Add garlic and onion untill sweated.
- Add okra and cook about 5 minutes(if using frozen).
- Add corn, tomato, stock, and potatoes, cook about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cook untill vegetables are tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- It will be very fragrent.
I thought the seasonings in this sounded intriguing, but I was disappointed with the finished product. I think these components would make a better salad than a soup, particularly the balsamic vinegar. Thanks for posting!