1 hr 20 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This broth can be frozen in cubes or blocks then frozen.You may add chicken or beef cubes or Sysco condensed base,add cornstarch & water for bisque or chowder bases or anything else when thawed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 quarts water
- 4 cups minced celery
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 8 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 green peppers, cored, seeded, chopped
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 3 teaspoons salt or 3 teaspoons salt substitute
- 1Cover and cook on low heat for about 1 hour.
- 2Take off heat and cool.
- 3Put a large pot under a colander and drain vegetables.
- 4Put vegetables in a blender and bend and pour back into broth.
- 5Pour into ice trays or cubes. Freeze.
- 6Note: This broth can be used for instant mashed potatoes, cooking rice, barley, orzo, couscous.
- 7For Italian Dishes, add crushed tomatoes and more Italian seasoning and tomato paste.
- 8For chowders, add potatoes, sausage, fish or meat of your choice.
- 9For Soups, add broccoli, spinach, cheese or other vegetable chunks and simmer.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Vegetable Broth for Freezer
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 388.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: